Jan 29, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are so impressed with the play of defenseman Mark Fistric, they want to keep him around a bit longer.
The Ducks announced they’ve signed the veteran blue liner to a three-year extension to stay with the team. Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register reports the deal is worth a total of $3.8 million, good for a cap hit of $1.267 million per year.
Fistric has played in 27 games with Anaheim this season and has five assists. He joined the Ducks as a free agent over the summer after spending last season with the Edmonton Oilers. Before that, he spent five seasons with the Dallas Stars.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15