Jan 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo‘s third period goal was enough to be the difference as the New York Rangers beat the New York Islanders 2-1 outdoors at Yankee Stadium.
The Rangers win made them 2-0-0 in the games at the House That Jeter Built after they took out the New Jersey Devils 7-3 on Sunday afternoon.
Isles forward Brock Nelson opened the scoring with 1:27 left in the second period, but Benoit Pouliot tied it up 40 seconds later on a frigid night in the Bronx. Henrik Lundqvist had 30 saves to earn the win. Evgeni Nabokov stopped 32 for the Isles.
A few things to chew on in the comments…
— For a game that didn’t have a lot of quality chances, there were plenty of shots.
— Not a bad night at all for Nabokov after returning from injury on Monday night.
— The win helps the Rangers crack 60 points in the standings (the win gave them 61). They’re just the second team to do that in the Metropolitan Division (Pittsburgh leads with 76 points).
Check out the goals from the second period that helped set up Carcillo’s moment under the stars in the third.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)