Jan 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo‘s third period goal was enough to be the difference as the New York Rangers beat the New York Islanders 2-1 outdoors at Yankee Stadium.
The Rangers win made them 2-0-0 in the games at the House That Jeter Built after they took out the New Jersey Devils 7-3 on Sunday afternoon.
Isles forward Brock Nelson opened the scoring with 1:27 left in the second period, but Benoit Pouliot tied it up 40 seconds later on a frigid night in the Bronx. Henrik Lundqvist had 30 saves to earn the win. Evgeni Nabokov stopped 32 for the Isles.
A few things to chew on in the comments…
– For a game that didn’t have a lot of quality chances, there were plenty of shots.
– Not a bad night at all for Nabokov after returning from injury on Monday night.
– The win helps the Rangers crack 60 points in the standings (the win gave them 61). They’re just the second team to do that in the Metropolitan Division (Pittsburgh leads with 76 points).
Check out the goals from the second period that helped set up Carcillo’s moment under the stars in the third.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20