Jan 29, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Daniel Carcillo‘s third period goal was enough to be the difference as the New York Rangers beat the New York Islanders 2-1 outdoors at Yankee Stadium.
The Rangers win made them 2-0-0 in the games at the House That Jeter Built after they took out the New Jersey Devils 7-3 on Sunday afternoon.
Isles forward Brock Nelson opened the scoring with 1:27 left in the second period, but Benoit Pouliot tied it up 40 seconds later on a frigid night in the Bronx. Henrik Lundqvist had 30 saves to earn the win. Evgeni Nabokov stopped 32 for the Isles.
A few things to chew on in the comments…
– For a game that didn’t have a lot of quality chances, there were plenty of shots.
– Not a bad night at all for Nabokov after returning from injury on Monday night.
– The win helps the Rangers crack 60 points in the standings (the win gave them 61). They’re just the second team to do that in the Metropolitan Division (Pittsburgh leads with 76 points).
Check out the goals from the second period that helped set up Carcillo’s moment under the stars in the third.
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 0
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 12
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 58
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 33
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 56
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 57
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7