Jan 29, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Yep, here’s how it looks after last night’s games:
The way things look now, there’s a good chance the Blues and Blackhawks will meet in the second round of the playoffs. And considering how close those teams are in terms of quality, home-ice advantage could easily be the deciding factor in that series.
OK, fine, we’re getting ahead of ourselves. It’s fun to imagine possible match-ups though.
Chicago can reclaim top spot in the Central tonight when it visits Vancouver to play the struggling Canucks. The Blues will be left with four games in hand though.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)