Jan 29, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Yep, here’s how it looks after last night’s games:
The way things look now, there’s a good chance the Blues and Blackhawks will meet in the second round of the playoffs. And considering how close those teams are in terms of quality, home-ice advantage could easily be the deciding factor in that series.
OK, fine, we’re getting ahead of ourselves. It’s fun to imagine possible match-ups though.
Chicago can reclaim top spot in the Central tonight when it visits Vancouver to play the struggling Canucks. The Blues will be left with four games in hand though.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)