Jan 29, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Yep, here’s how it looks after last night’s games:
The way things look now, there’s a good chance the Blues and Blackhawks will meet in the second round of the playoffs. And considering how close those teams are in terms of quality, home-ice advantage could easily be the deciding factor in that series.
OK, fine, we’re getting ahead of ourselves. It’s fun to imagine possible match-ups though.
Chicago can reclaim top spot in the Central tonight when it visits Vancouver to play the struggling Canucks. The Blues will be left with four games in hand though.
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 3
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 6
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 24
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (91)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)