Jan 29, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Yep, here’s how it looks after last night’s games:
The way things look now, there’s a good chance the Blues and Blackhawks will meet in the second round of the playoffs. And considering how close those teams are in terms of quality, home-ice advantage could easily be the deciding factor in that series.
OK, fine, we’re getting ahead of ourselves. It’s fun to imagine possible match-ups though.
Chicago can reclaim top spot in the Central tonight when it visits Vancouver to play the struggling Canucks. The Blues will be left with four games in hand though.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 78
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32