Jan 29, 2014, 1:36 PM EDT
Yep, here’s how it looks after last night’s games:
The way things look now, there’s a good chance the Blues and Blackhawks will meet in the second round of the playoffs. And considering how close those teams are in terms of quality, home-ice advantage could easily be the deciding factor in that series.
OK, fine, we’re getting ahead of ourselves. It’s fun to imagine possible match-ups though.
Chicago can reclaim top spot in the Central tonight when it visits Vancouver to play the struggling Canucks. The Blues will be left with four games in hand though.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 2
- Avs’ Parenteau (knee) likely out for remainder of regular season, playoffs unclear 0
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 14
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 17
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)