Jan 29, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Avalanche forward Matt Duchene has just one goal in his past 18 games.
That kind of goal-scoring drought would get a lot of players down, but Duchene tells Adrian Dater of The Denver Post he’s trying to not let it get to him.
“I’m just trying to not let it get me down, and not be on that emotional roller coaster,” Duchene said. “But it’s crazy. I think I’ve hit more goalposts than I have in the last two years in this stretch. I keep getting hooked, but I’m not getting penalty shots or anything. But I’ve just got to keep working and eventually it’ll go in. But other guys are scoring, so just give them the puck.”
A little campaigning for calls is a veteran move, but the points and wins are still coming.
During that 18-game span, Duchene has 12 assists to go with his one goal and the Avalanche have gone 10-4-4. Goals are great and all, but he’s doing what he has to do to help the team win.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)