Jan 29, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Avalanche forward Matt Duchene has just one goal in his past 18 games.
That kind of goal-scoring drought would get a lot of players down, but Duchene tells Adrian Dater of The Denver Post he’s trying to not let it get to him.
“I’m just trying to not let it get me down, and not be on that emotional roller coaster,” Duchene said. “But it’s crazy. I think I’ve hit more goalposts than I have in the last two years in this stretch. I keep getting hooked, but I’m not getting penalty shots or anything. But I’ve just got to keep working and eventually it’ll go in. But other guys are scoring, so just give them the puck.”
A little campaigning for calls is a veteran move, but the points and wins are still coming.
During that 18-game span, Duchene has 12 assists to go with his one goal and the Avalanche have gone 10-4-4. Goals are great and all, but he’s doing what he has to do to help the team win.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)