Jan 29, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Avalanche forward Matt Duchene has just one goal in his past 18 games.
That kind of goal-scoring drought would get a lot of players down, but Duchene tells Adrian Dater of The Denver Post he’s trying to not let it get to him.
“I’m just trying to not let it get me down, and not be on that emotional roller coaster,” Duchene said. “But it’s crazy. I think I’ve hit more goalposts than I have in the last two years in this stretch. I keep getting hooked, but I’m not getting penalty shots or anything. But I’ve just got to keep working and eventually it’ll go in. But other guys are scoring, so just give them the puck.”
A little campaigning for calls is a veteran move, but the points and wins are still coming.
During that 18-game span, Duchene has 12 assists to go with his one goal and the Avalanche have gone 10-4-4. Goals are great and all, but he’s doing what he has to do to help the team win.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5