Jan 29, 2014, 9:32 PM EDT
Avalanche forward Matt Duchene has just one goal in his past 18 games.
That kind of goal-scoring drought would get a lot of players down, but Duchene tells Adrian Dater of The Denver Post he’s trying to not let it get to him.
“I’m just trying to not let it get me down, and not be on that emotional roller coaster,” Duchene said. “But it’s crazy. I think I’ve hit more goalposts than I have in the last two years in this stretch. I keep getting hooked, but I’m not getting penalty shots or anything. But I’ve just got to keep working and eventually it’ll go in. But other guys are scoring, so just give them the puck.”
A little campaigning for calls is a veteran move, but the points and wins are still coming.
During that 18-game span, Duchene has 12 assists to go with his one goal and the Avalanche have gone 10-4-4. Goals are great and all, but he’s doing what he has to do to help the team win.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)