Jan 28, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators managed a 4-3 win against the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, but they lost Shea Weber to an upper-body injury in the process.
On the bright side, TSN’s Sara Orlesky reports that the Predators don’t believe it is a serious issue. (The rumor floating around is that the 28-year-old is dealing with a back injury.)
Orlesky also reports that Weber will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Nashville. Their next game is against the New Jersey Devils at home on Friday.
The Predators face tough odds to make the playoffs at this point, so losing Weber for an extended period of time is even more distressing than it would usually be for the up-and-down team.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)