Jan 28, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators managed a 4-3 win against the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, but they lost Shea Weber to an upper-body injury in the process.
On the bright side, TSN’s Sara Orlesky reports that the Predators don’t believe it is a serious issue. (The rumor floating around is that the 28-year-old is dealing with a back injury.)
Orlesky also reports that Weber will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Nashville. Their next game is against the New Jersey Devils at home on Friday.
The Predators face tough odds to make the playoffs at this point, so losing Weber for an extended period of time is even more distressing than it would usually be for the up-and-down team.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)