Jan 28, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Nashville Predators managed a 4-3 win against the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, but they lost Shea Weber to an upper-body injury in the process.
On the bright side, TSN’s Sara Orlesky reports that the Predators don’t believe it is a serious issue. (The rumor floating around is that the 28-year-old is dealing with a back injury.)
Orlesky also reports that Weber will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Nashville. Their next game is against the New Jersey Devils at home on Friday.
The Predators face tough odds to make the playoffs at this point, so losing Weber for an extended period of time is even more distressing than it would usually be for the up-and-down team.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)