Jan 28, 2014, 11:10 PM EST
The Nashville Predators managed a 4-3 win against the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, but they lost Shea Weber to an upper-body injury in the process.
On the bright side, TSN’s Sara Orlesky reports that the Predators don’t believe it is a serious issue. (The rumor floating around is that the 28-year-old is dealing with a back injury.)
Orlesky also reports that Weber will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Nashville. Their next game is against the New Jersey Devils at home on Friday.
The Predators face tough odds to make the playoffs at this point, so losing Weber for an extended period of time is even more distressing than it would usually be for the up-and-down team.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11