Jan 28, 2014, 11:10 PM EDT
The Nashville Predators managed a 4-3 win against the red-hot Winnipeg Jets on Tuesday, but they lost Shea Weber to an upper-body injury in the process.
On the bright side, TSN’s Sara Orlesky reports that the Predators don’t believe it is a serious issue. (The rumor floating around is that the 28-year-old is dealing with a back injury.)
Orlesky also reports that Weber will be re-evaluated when the team returns to Nashville. Their next game is against the New Jersey Devils at home on Friday.
The Predators face tough odds to make the playoffs at this point, so losing Weber for an extended period of time is even more distressing than it would usually be for the up-and-down team.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)