Jan 28, 2014, 8:54 PM EDT
The Nazem Kadri trade rumor mill will probably go silent for at least one night, as the Toronto Maple Leafs forward scored twice in the second period on Tuesday.
His second tally against the Tampa Bay Lightning was especially brilliant:
Since you’re here, you might as well check out the first one, too:
The 23-year-old has been on quite the tear lately. He came into tonight with seven points in six games, so he’ll finish with nine in his last seven if he doesn’t get on the scoreboard again.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 12
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18