Jan 28, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning are in Toronto to play the Leafs tonight, and that meant a rather large media horde was waiting for injured superstar Steven Stamkos, who’s still questionable to play for Team Canada at the upcoming Olympics.
From Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston:
From ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
Stamkos also said he’ll have an “honest” talk with Team Canada executive director Steve Yzerman before making the final decision.
First and foremost, Stamkos (and Yzerman, who’s also the Lightning’s GM) will want to know that he’s not putting himself at serious risk by playing on a leg he broke just a short while ago in November. Remember, this rehab has been an aggressive one. If not for the Olympics, he probably wouldn’t be at this stage of the process.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)