Jan 28, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning are in Toronto to play the Leafs tonight, and that meant a rather large media horde was waiting for injured superstar Steven Stamkos, who’s still questionable to play for Team Canada at the upcoming Olympics.
From Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston:
From ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
Stamkos also said he’ll have an “honest” talk with Team Canada executive director Steve Yzerman before making the final decision.
First and foremost, Stamkos (and Yzerman, who’s also the Lightning’s GM) will want to know that he’s not putting himself at serious risk by playing on a leg he broke just a short while ago in November. Remember, this rehab has been an aggressive one. If not for the Olympics, he probably wouldn’t be at this stage of the process.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 39
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)