Jan 28, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning are in Toronto to play the Leafs tonight, and that meant a rather large media horde was waiting for injured superstar Steven Stamkos, who’s still questionable to play for Team Canada at the upcoming Olympics.
From Sportsnet’s Chris Johnston:
From ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
Stamkos also said he’ll have an “honest” talk with Team Canada executive director Steve Yzerman before making the final decision.
First and foremost, Stamkos (and Yzerman, who’s also the Lightning’s GM) will want to know that he’s not putting himself at serious risk by playing on a leg he broke just a short while ago in November. Remember, this rehab has been an aggressive one. If not for the Olympics, he probably wouldn’t be at this stage of the process.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 15
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 30
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)