Jan 28, 2014, 5:45 PM EST
Tonight promises to be a special one for Colton Sissons.
Nashville’s second-round pick (50th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Sissons will make his NHL debut tonight when the Preds take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
“He’s been a really, really detailed player,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said, per The Tennessean. “Dean Evason, who coaches in Milwaukee, has been raving about him all year.
“He has been the most consistent guy, detailed, he has come from a good (major junior) program in Kelowna.”
Sissons, who turned 20 in November, is in his first year of pro hockey and has performed remarkably well, leading AHL Milwaukee with 16 goals through 42 games. He earned a spot on the league’s All-Star team and, based on this morning’s line rushes, will center Nashville’s fourth line between Rich Clune and Taylor Beck.
“I’m going to keep it pretty simple early on, but I like to work hard, and I’m responsible in all areas,” Sissons said. “I can play solid defensively, and hopefully generate a few chances in the offensive zone and just work out there.”
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)