Jan 28, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Tonight promises to be a special one for Colton Sissons.
Nashville’s second-round pick (50th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Sissons will make his NHL debut tonight when the Preds take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
“He’s been a really, really detailed player,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said, per The Tennessean. “Dean Evason, who coaches in Milwaukee, has been raving about him all year.
“He has been the most consistent guy, detailed, he has come from a good (major junior) program in Kelowna.”
Sissons, who turned 20 in November, is in his first year of pro hockey and has performed remarkably well, leading AHL Milwaukee with 16 goals through 42 games. He earned a spot on the league’s All-Star team and, based on this morning’s line rushes, will center Nashville’s fourth line between Rich Clune and Taylor Beck.
“I’m going to keep it pretty simple early on, but I like to work hard, and I’m responsible in all areas,” Sissons said. “I can play solid defensively, and hopefully generate a few chances in the offensive zone and just work out there.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)