Jan 28, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Tonight promises to be a special one for Colton Sissons.
Nashville’s second-round pick (50th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Sissons will make his NHL debut tonight when the Preds take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
“He’s been a really, really detailed player,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said, per The Tennessean. “Dean Evason, who coaches in Milwaukee, has been raving about him all year.
“He has been the most consistent guy, detailed, he has come from a good (major junior) program in Kelowna.”
Sissons, who turned 20 in November, is in his first year of pro hockey and has performed remarkably well, leading AHL Milwaukee with 16 goals through 42 games. He earned a spot on the league’s All-Star team and, based on this morning’s line rushes, will center Nashville’s fourth line between Rich Clune and Taylor Beck.
“I’m going to keep it pretty simple early on, but I like to work hard, and I’m responsible in all areas,” Sissons said. “I can play solid defensively, and hopefully generate a few chances in the offensive zone and just work out there.”
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 34
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)