Jan 28, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
Tonight promises to be a special one for Colton Sissons.
Nashville’s second-round pick (50th overall) at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, Sissons will make his NHL debut tonight when the Preds take on the Jets in Winnipeg.
“He’s been a really, really detailed player,” Preds head coach Barry Trotz said, per The Tennessean. “Dean Evason, who coaches in Milwaukee, has been raving about him all year.
“He has been the most consistent guy, detailed, he has come from a good (major junior) program in Kelowna.”
Sissons, who turned 20 in November, is in his first year of pro hockey and has performed remarkably well, leading AHL Milwaukee with 16 goals through 42 games. He earned a spot on the league’s All-Star team and, based on this morning’s line rushes, will center Nashville’s fourth line between Rich Clune and Taylor Beck.
“I’m going to keep it pretty simple early on, but I like to work hard, and I’m responsible in all areas,” Sissons said. “I can play solid defensively, and hopefully generate a few chances in the offensive zone and just work out there.”
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)