Jan 28, 2014, 3:38 PM EST
Capitals forward Brooks Laich is questionable for tonight’s game in Buffalo. Yep, it’s about that troublesome groin of his again.
“I’m sure he’s going through so many bumps and bruises that I’m sure he’s hypersensitive to what’s going on down there, which is natural for what he’s gone through,” Washington coach Adam Oates said, per NHL.com. “You look at every single game, you get hit so many times you don’t realize. Faceoffs you get poked and prodded that maybe it was just something like that that he thinks, ‘Oh no, here we go again.’ And he skated today and he felt pretty good.
“I’m sure in his own mind he wants to make sure he doesn’t set it back. He said to me, ‘What if I play [Tuesday] and I can’t play Thursday?’ I’m like, ‘Well, you can’t play [Tuesday].’ But I don’t know how you think like that. He’s obviously over-thinking it and hopefully he felt good out there and he can conquer it.”
Not even two weeks ago, Laich was saying how “great” he felt physically, so this has to be frustrating. The 30-year-old has just five goals and four assists in the 38 games he’s managed to play this season. Not the kind of production the Caps need from a veteran that takes up $4.5 million in cap space.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 7
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15