Jan 28, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals can almost pencil in strong outputs from Alex Ovechkin, but if Mike Green can produce more often, they might just avoid another dire slump. The streaky defenseman scored twice on Tuesday, including the OT-clincher that gave the Caps a 5-4 overtime win against the Buffalo Sabres.
Here’s that Green goal, which is his seventh tally of 2013-14:
These highlights include two-goal nights from Green and Alex Ovechkin (who also had two assists on Tuesday):
While Washington would probably like to see the offense spread around a bit, the Caps are still probably happy to post two five-goal games in a row. After all, they only managed three goals in four games from Jan. 17-24 and were limited to eight during their seven-game losing streak.
Sure, these two wins came against a struggling (though generally solid) Montreal Canadiens team and the lowly Sabres, but Green and the Caps will take what they can get.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7