Jan 28, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
The Washington Capitals can almost pencil in strong outputs from Alex Ovechkin, but if Mike Green can produce more often, they might just avoid another dire slump. The streaky defenseman scored twice on Tuesday, including the OT-clincher that gave the Caps a 5-4 overtime win against the Buffalo Sabres.
Here’s that Green goal, which is his seventh tally of 2013-14:
These highlights include two-goal nights from Green and Alex Ovechkin (who also had two assists on Tuesday):
While Washington would probably like to see the offense spread around a bit, the Caps are still probably happy to post two five-goal games in a row. After all, they only managed three goals in four games from Jan. 17-24 and were limited to eight during their seven-game losing streak.
Sure, these two wins came against a struggling (though generally solid) Montreal Canadiens team and the lowly Sabres, but Green and the Caps will take what they can get.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)