Jan 28, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Jersey goes with Schneider
Schneider has very good in January, boasting a .956 save percentage with four wins and a shutout — in fact, his only regulation loss this month came back on Jan. 4, a 2-1 defeat in Buffalo.
Schneider will be going up against Jaroslav Halak in the Blues’ goal.
Tim Thomas will make his second trip back to Boston on Tuesday night, but his first start against the team he led to the 2011 Stanley Cup.
The 39-year-old veteran has been a steadying presence for Florida over the last two months. He posted a .936 save percentage in five December games and has been almost as good in January, sporting a .920 over 10 games (Thomas has been head coach Peter Horachek’s workhorse in goal this month).
Tonight Thomas will go against his former battery mate, Tuukka Rask, in the Bruins’ goal.
Hurricanes at Canadiens: Carey Price for Montreal, no starter yet for Carolina.
Kings at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix, no starter yet for L.A.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8