Jan 28, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Jersey goes with Schneider
Schneider has very good in January, boasting a .956 save percentage with four wins and a shutout — in fact, his only regulation loss this month came back on Jan. 4, a 2-1 defeat in Buffalo.
Schneider will be going up against Jaroslav Halak in the Blues’ goal.
Tim Thomas will make his second trip back to Boston on Tuesday night, but his first start against the team he led to the 2011 Stanley Cup.
The 39-year-old veteran has been a steadying presence for Florida over the last two months. He posted a .936 save percentage in five December games and has been almost as good in January, sporting a .920 over 10 games (Thomas has been head coach Peter Horachek’s workhorse in goal this month).
Tonight Thomas will go against his former battery mate, Tuukka Rask, in the Bruins’ goal.
Hurricanes at Canadiens: Carey Price for Montreal, no starter yet for Carolina.
Kings at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix, no starter yet for L.A.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 1
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)