Jan 28, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
Jersey goes with Schneider
Schneider has very good in January, boasting a .956 save percentage with four wins and a shutout — in fact, his only regulation loss this month came back on Jan. 4, a 2-1 defeat in Buffalo.
Schneider will be going up against Jaroslav Halak in the Blues’ goal.
Tim Thomas will make his second trip back to Boston on Tuesday night, but his first start against the team he led to the 2011 Stanley Cup.
The 39-year-old veteran has been a steadying presence for Florida over the last two months. He posted a .936 save percentage in five December games and has been almost as good in January, sporting a .920 over 10 games (Thomas has been head coach Peter Horachek’s workhorse in goal this month).
Tonight Thomas will go against his former battery mate, Tuukka Rask, in the Bruins’ goal.
Hurricanes at Canadiens: Carey Price for Montreal, no starter yet for Carolina.
Kings at Coyotes: Thomas Greiss for Phoenix, no starter yet for L.A.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 4
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39