Jan 28, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Mason stopped the 33 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season and his 20th win of 2013-14.
One might argue that the real story was Scott Hartnell, however. He collected two goals and one assist to give him 20 points in his last 21 games. Hartnell also made a strong argument to stick with Claude Giroux long-term, as they factored into each others’ three-point nights (one goal, two assists).
The Flyers ended a four-game losing streak in the process, which is a good thing as they ready for a three-game road trip against tough California teams. It remains to be seen if Kimmo Timonen will join them on that trip after suffering a lower-body injury tonight.
Philadelphia improved to 26-22-6 while Detroit slipped to 23-19-11 on Tuesday.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 29
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 34
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 17
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)