Jan 28, 2014, 9:48 PM EST
Mason stopped the 33 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season and his 20th win of 2013-14.
One might argue that the real story was Scott Hartnell, however. He collected two goals and one assist to give him 20 points in his last 21 games. Hartnell also made a strong argument to stick with Claude Giroux long-term, as they factored into each others’ three-point nights (one goal, two assists).
The Flyers ended a four-game losing streak in the process, which is a good thing as they ready for a three-game road trip against tough California teams. It remains to be seen if Kimmo Timonen will join them on that trip after suffering a lower-body injury tonight.
Philadelphia improved to 26-22-6 while Detroit slipped to 23-19-11 on Tuesday.
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 5
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 18
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)