Jan 28, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Mason stopped the 33 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season and his 20th win of 2013-14.
One might argue that the real story was Scott Hartnell, however. He collected two goals and one assist to give him 20 points in his last 21 games. Hartnell also made a strong argument to stick with Claude Giroux long-term, as they factored into each others’ three-point nights (one goal, two assists).
The Flyers ended a four-game losing streak in the process, which is a good thing as they ready for a three-game road trip against tough California teams. It remains to be seen if Kimmo Timonen will join them on that trip after suffering a lower-body injury tonight.
Philadelphia improved to 26-22-6 while Detroit slipped to 23-19-11 on Tuesday.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)