Jan 28, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Mason stopped the 33 shots he faced for his second shutout of the season and his 20th win of 2013-14.
One might argue that the real story was Scott Hartnell, however. He collected two goals and one assist to give him 20 points in his last 21 games. Hartnell also made a strong argument to stick with Claude Giroux long-term, as they factored into each others’ three-point nights (one goal, two assists).
The Flyers ended a four-game losing streak in the process, which is a good thing as they ready for a three-game road trip against tough California teams. It remains to be seen if Kimmo Timonen will join them on that trip after suffering a lower-body injury tonight.
Philadelphia improved to 26-22-6 while Detroit slipped to 23-19-11 on Tuesday.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)