Jan 28, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
Republic: Over the weekend, you were at Dodger Stadium to take in the outdoor game between the Kings and Ducks. What did you make of it?
Gosbee: After seeing it there, I’m even more convinced that we could do it in Arizona. Obviously, we’ve been pretty vocal about wanting to do it and hopefully we’ve presented a good case. We know there’s lots of other teams that want it. It’s such a unique event. We’re going to keep trying to get it in Arizona, and after seeing it in LA, I’m sure it could work in Phoenix.
According to a December report from the Canadian Press, the Coyotes floated the idea to hold a game around the time of the Super Bowl, set for next February at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. It’s believed that Chase Field — home of the MLB’s Arizona Diamondbacks — would be the most logical location, given it has a retractable roof.
As you can imagine, the ‘Yotes are keen on getting an outdoor event.
“It wouldn’t be the impact of the revenue from that particular game, it would be the impact that that game would have on us in selling tickets throughout the year,” Coyotes president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said, back in December. “Our view is that would certainly help us in driving more season tickets, it would help us in driving (partial season-ticket plans).
“It’s just bringing more attention to the sport.”
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)