Jan 28, 2014, 11:04 AM EDT
Republic: Over the weekend, you were at Dodger Stadium to take in the outdoor game between the Kings and Ducks. What did you make of it?
Gosbee: After seeing it there, I’m even more convinced that we could do it in Arizona. Obviously, we’ve been pretty vocal about wanting to do it and hopefully we’ve presented a good case. We know there’s lots of other teams that want it. It’s such a unique event. We’re going to keep trying to get it in Arizona, and after seeing it in LA, I’m sure it could work in Phoenix.
According to a December report from the Canadian Press, the Coyotes floated the idea to hold a game around the time of the Super Bowl, set for next February at the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale. It’s believed that Chase Field — home of the MLB’s Arizona Diamondbacks — would be the most logical location, given it has a retractable roof.
As you can imagine, the ‘Yotes are keen on getting an outdoor event.
“It wouldn’t be the impact of the revenue from that particular game, it would be the impact that that game would have on us in selling tickets throughout the year,” Coyotes president and CEO Anthony LeBlanc said, back in December. “Our view is that would certainly help us in driving more season tickets, it would help us in driving (partial season-ticket plans).
“It’s just bringing more attention to the sport.”
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 78
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50