Jan 28, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins activated Chris Kelly from the IR on Tuesday, opening the door for him to return to action for the first time since breaking his right ankle on Dec. 7. The team also demoted forward Ryan Spooner and defenseman Zach Trotman to the AHL.
Kelly comes back to a Bruins lineup that is buzzing with three straight victories and wins in four of five games. CSNNE.com is raving about the improved recent play from both Loui Eriksson and Brad Marchand, so it seems like these are good times for the B’s.
Kelly has seven points and a -1 rating in 29 games during the 2013-14 season. The Bruins face the Florida Panthers tonight.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5