Jan 28, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins activated Chris Kelly from the IR on Tuesday, opening the door for him to return to action for the first time since breaking his right ankle on Dec. 7. The team also demoted forward Ryan Spooner and defenseman Zach Trotman to the AHL.
Kelly comes back to a Bruins lineup that is buzzing with three straight victories and wins in four of five games. CSNNE.com is raving about the improved recent play from both Loui Eriksson and Brad Marchand, so it seems like these are good times for the B’s.
Kelly has seven points and a -1 rating in 29 games during the 2013-14 season. The Bruins face the Florida Panthers tonight.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)