Jan 28, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
“It was frustrating but as my game’s been going, I feel like I deserved to sit out,” Bickell said. “(Coach Joel Quenneville) wants to get me angry and mad on the ice and bring the physical game.”
Indeed, it’s been an unhappy new year for Bickell, who only has one point and a -6 rating in 11 January games. The season has been rough overall, too, as he’s struggled to score when he hasn’t been sidelined with knee problems.
The 27-year-old entered the season with high expectations thanks to his four-year, $16 million extension and a breakout postseason run, yet he hasn’t gotten on track in 2013-14. Maybe some more time on the sidelines will help him regain that form.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22