Jan 27, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
He consequently still hasn’t played in his first game in TD Garden since leaving the Bruins, but that might change Tuesday. Before the game, he spoke to the press and the questions were naturally focused on his time in Boston.
He was asked about his refusal to go to the White House in celebration of the Boston Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup championship, a subject which used to be grounds for shutting down a press conference. At this point he’s willing to address the matter, although his argument is that the whole thing was “blown out proportion.”
He added that the Bruins treated him well through it all, but he doesn’t regret his decision to walk out with a year remaining on his contract. Boston made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Final without him and while that made him think about what if scenarios, part of the reason he felt comfortable leaving in the first place was because they already had a more than capable replacement in Tuukka Rask.
Thomas has a 2.65 GAA and .915 save percentage in 32 games this season. He feels “rejuvenated” and might even play in 2014-15.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:27 AM EDT
But it’s one game.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 1:21 AM EDT
Things got interesting in the third period.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
Yeah, not a good night for him.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
This game may take a lot out of both teams.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
Colorado erases two-goal deficit to send it to extra time.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
It at least seems like Jonathan Toews is shaking off bumps and bruises.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
That was fast.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
He had a big night.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
These teams don’t like each other.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
The Blues forward is usually the aggressor.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Opting to go with Mike Brown instead.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
He’ll remember that one.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Battle of California.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Stating the obvious.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
Could this be a key one?
Apr 17, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
A cap hit of $7.5 million this season.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Carl Hagelin’s face haunts Philly in Game 1.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Did you hear Patrick Roy’s playing career ended against the Wild?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39