Jan 27, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
He consequently still hasn’t played in his first game in TD Garden since leaving the Bruins, but that might change Tuesday. Before the game, he spoke to the press and the questions were naturally focused on his time in Boston.
He was asked about his refusal to go to the White House in celebration of the Boston Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup championship, a subject which used to be grounds for shutting down a press conference. At this point he’s willing to address the matter, although his argument is that the whole thing was “blown out proportion.”
He added that the Bruins treated him well through it all, but he doesn’t regret his decision to walk out with a year remaining on his contract. Boston made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Final without him and while that made him think about what if scenarios, part of the reason he felt comfortable leaving in the first place was because they already had a more than capable replacement in Tuukka Rask.
Thomas has a 2.65 GAA and .915 save percentage in 32 games this season. He feels “rejuvenated” and might even play in 2014-15.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 45
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)