Jan 27, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
He consequently still hasn’t played in his first game in TD Garden since leaving the Bruins, but that might change Tuesday. Before the game, he spoke to the press and the questions were naturally focused on his time in Boston.
He was asked about his refusal to go to the White House in celebration of the Boston Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup championship, a subject which used to be grounds for shutting down a press conference. At this point he’s willing to address the matter, although his argument is that the whole thing was “blown out proportion.”
He added that the Bruins treated him well through it all, but he doesn’t regret his decision to walk out with a year remaining on his contract. Boston made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Final without him and while that made him think about what if scenarios, part of the reason he felt comfortable leaving in the first place was because they already had a more than capable replacement in Tuukka Rask.
Thomas has a 2.65 GAA and .915 save percentage in 32 games this season. He feels “rejuvenated” and might even play in 2014-15.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)