Jan 27, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
From CSN New England:
“The pickings are slim,” said one Bruins source when asked about the trade market for veteran defensemen.
Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli is being forced to explore the trade market because of the season-ending injury to Dennis Seidenberg. To date, the biggest name that has come up in speculation is Dan Girardi from the Rangers; however, New York GM Glen Sather has said that he’d like to sign all his key unrestricted free agents before the end of the season, a list that also includes Ryan Callahan and Anton Stralman.
It’s possible the B’s go into the playoffs without addressing Seidenberg’s absence, instead allowing their group of relatively inexperienced blue-liners — Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, Kevan Miller, and Torey Krug — to show what they can do.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5