Jan 27, 2014, 11:12 AM EST
From CSN New England:
“The pickings are slim,” said one Bruins source when asked about the trade market for veteran defensemen.
Boston general manager Peter Chiarelli is being forced to explore the trade market because of the season-ending injury to Dennis Seidenberg. To date, the biggest name that has come up in speculation is Dan Girardi from the Rangers; however, New York GM Glen Sather has said that he’d like to sign all his key unrestricted free agents before the end of the season, a list that also includes Ryan Callahan and Anton Stralman.
It’s possible the B’s go into the playoffs without addressing Seidenberg’s absence, instead allowing their group of relatively inexperienced blue-liners — Matt Bartkowski, Dougie Hamilton, Kevan Miller, and Torey Krug — to show what they can do.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 6
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3