Jan 27, 2014, 6:18 PM EST
San Jose has lost its ECHL affiliate.
The San Francisco Bulls have released a letter to season ticket holders announcing that they will cease operations immediately, according to CSN Bay Area. The Bulls had been trying to find a new owner, but were ultimately unable to finalize a deal.
“At this point, the best thing to do financially is to reluctantly end the season,” the Bulls said in their statement. “We will miss playing here, miss our fans, and miss this city. Bringing hockey to San Francisco was a dream; we have great talent on our team, and had a great vision for what the team could be.”
The Bulls were in their second season of existence.
San Jose had five players under contract with the Bulls, including forwards Riley Brace, Sebastian Stalberg, Kyle Bigos, Steven Tarasuk, and goaltender J.P Anderson. Sharks GM Doug Wilson said that they will all be reassigned in the near future.
(The San Francisco Bulls’ logo is courtesy of the team’s website)
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)