Jan 27, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
San Jose has lost its ECHL affiliate.
The San Francisco Bulls have released a letter to season ticket holders announcing that they will cease operations immediately, according to CSN Bay Area. The Bulls had been trying to find a new owner, but were ultimately unable to finalize a deal.
“At this point, the best thing to do financially is to reluctantly end the season,” the Bulls said in their statement. “We will miss playing here, miss our fans, and miss this city. Bringing hockey to San Francisco was a dream; we have great talent on our team, and had a great vision for what the team could be.”
The Bulls were in their second season of existence.
San Jose had five players under contract with the Bulls, including forwards Riley Brace, Sebastian Stalberg, Kyle Bigos, Steven Tarasuk, and goaltender J.P Anderson. Sharks GM Doug Wilson said that they will all be reassigned in the near future.
(The San Francisco Bulls’ logo is courtesy of the team’s website)
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)