Jan 27, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
From the Ottawa Sun:
The Senators are on the verge of cashing in on their valuable broadcast rights.
League sources told the Ottawa Sun the Senators are just dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s and the club is close to announcing a historical, long-term deal for the local television and radio rights.
An announcement should be made in the coming days.
Obviously, local TV deals aren’t as big as the national ones, but they’re growing far more considerable than they were in the past. For example, one report had the Montreal Canadiens getting around $1.1 million per game ($68 million per season) from RDS in their new deal.
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 3
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14