Jan 27, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
From the Ottawa Sun:
The Senators are on the verge of cashing in on their valuable broadcast rights.
League sources told the Ottawa Sun the Senators are just dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s and the club is close to announcing a historical, long-term deal for the local television and radio rights.
An announcement should be made in the coming days.
Obviously, local TV deals aren’t as big as the national ones, but they’re growing far more considerable than they were in the past. For example, one report had the Montreal Canadiens getting around $1.1 million per game ($68 million per season) from RDS in their new deal.
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 5
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 5
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18