Jan 27, 2014, 4:23 PM EDT
From the Ottawa Sun:
The Senators are on the verge of cashing in on their valuable broadcast rights.
League sources told the Ottawa Sun the Senators are just dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s and the club is close to announcing a historical, long-term deal for the local television and radio rights.
An announcement should be made in the coming days.
Obviously, local TV deals aren’t as big as the national ones, but they’re growing far more considerable than they were in the past. For example, one report had the Montreal Canadiens getting around $1.1 million per game ($68 million per season) from RDS in their new deal.
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 21
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day on PHT 11