Jan 27, 2014, 8:33 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
When Jaromir Jagr played in the 2012 Winter Classic for Philadelphia, his day was short-lived after suffering an injury in the first period. This time around playing at Yankee Stadium, he said he had a “secret” method to avoid the same fate. (The Star-Ledger)
Jagr also talked about passing Mario Lemieux for 10th all-time on the NHL assist list:
I think we can all get behind Jagr playing for as long as he wants. What a guy.
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league for Monday’s NHL games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts Monday at 7pm ET. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Ryan Smyth is leaving his mark on the Oilers:
How would you describe how the Canadiens have played lately? Would “alien zombies” fit the bill? (Montreal Gazette)
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 18
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 6
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)