Jan 27, 2014, 1:21 PM EST
Lehtonen, the first star, went 3-1-0 with a 1.25 GAA and .944 save percentage as the Stars rebounded from an awful start in January to move within six points of a playoff spot. The highlights of Lehtonen’s week were two shutouts — a 4-0 blanking of Minnesota and a 3-0 clean sheet against Pittsburgh — and his 24 saves in a 7-1 whipping of Toronto. Of note, Lehtonen now has 25 shutouts in a Dallas uniform, moving him into third on the list behind Marty Turco and Ed Belfour, who posted 40 and 27 shutouts respectively since the franchise moved to Texas in 1993.
Nyquist, the second star, scored six points in four games as Detroit picked up five of a possible eight points. Nyquist’s big games came in a 5-4 shootout win over Chicago (one goal, one assist) and a 4-1 win over Montreal (also 1G-1A). He has been solid throughout the season, scoring nine goals and 17 points in 27 games.
Sekera, the third star, scored six points and recorded a plus-8 rating as Carolina won three straight games and got within a point of third place in the Metropolitan Division. The highlight of Sekera’s week came during a 5-3 win over Buffalo, as he scored a career-high three points (1G, 2A) and scored his first game-winning goal in nearly five years. The 27-year-old Slovak — who was named to his country’s Olympic team for Sochi — now all Hurricanes blueliners in goals (8), assists (22) and points (30) this year.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)