Jan 27, 2014, 1:21 PM EDT
Lehtonen, the first star, went 3-1-0 with a 1.25 GAA and .944 save percentage as the Stars rebounded from an awful start in January to move within six points of a playoff spot. The highlights of Lehtonen’s week were two shutouts — a 4-0 blanking of Minnesota and a 3-0 clean sheet against Pittsburgh — and his 24 saves in a 7-1 whipping of Toronto. Of note, Lehtonen now has 25 shutouts in a Dallas uniform, moving him into third on the list behind Marty Turco and Ed Belfour, who posted 40 and 27 shutouts respectively since the franchise moved to Texas in 1993.
Nyquist, the second star, scored six points in four games as Detroit picked up five of a possible eight points. Nyquist’s big games came in a 5-4 shootout win over Chicago (one goal, one assist) and a 4-1 win over Montreal (also 1G-1A). He has been solid throughout the season, scoring nine goals and 17 points in 27 games.
Sekera, the third star, scored six points and recorded a plus-8 rating as Carolina won three straight games and got within a point of third place in the Metropolitan Division. The highlight of Sekera’s week came during a 5-3 win over Buffalo, as he scored a career-high three points (1G, 2A) and scored his first game-winning goal in nearly five years. The 27-year-old Slovak — who was named to his country’s Olympic team for Sochi — now all Hurricanes blueliners in goals (8), assists (22) and points (30) this year.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 0
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 6
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)