Jan 27, 2014, 1:12 PM EST
The struggling Chicago Blackhawks (yeah, sounds weird) have recalled forward Brandon Pirri from AHL Rockford.
Pirri, 22, has recorded 11 points (6g, 5a) in 24 games this season with the Blackhawks. He scored his first career NHL goal on Oct. 17 vs. St. Louis, set a career-high with two points (1g, 1a) on Oct. 19 vs. Toronto and posted a career-best two assists on Oct. 28 at Minnesota. Pirri also has 13 points (4g, 9a) in 16 games with the IceHogs.
The ‘Hawks have just three wins in their last 10 games. They start a six-game road trip Tuesday in Calgary.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4