Jan 27, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
The struggling Chicago Blackhawks (yeah, sounds weird) have recalled forward Brandon Pirri from AHL Rockford.
Pirri, 22, has recorded 11 points (6g, 5a) in 24 games this season with the Blackhawks. He scored his first career NHL goal on Oct. 17 vs. St. Louis, set a career-high with two points (1g, 1a) on Oct. 19 vs. Toronto and posted a career-best two assists on Oct. 28 at Minnesota. Pirri also has 13 points (4g, 9a) in 16 games with the IceHogs.
The ‘Hawks have just three wins in their last 10 games. They start a six-game road trip Tuesday in Calgary.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)