Jan 27, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
The struggling Chicago Blackhawks (yeah, sounds weird) have recalled forward Brandon Pirri from AHL Rockford.
Pirri, 22, has recorded 11 points (6g, 5a) in 24 games this season with the Blackhawks. He scored his first career NHL goal on Oct. 17 vs. St. Louis, set a career-high with two points (1g, 1a) on Oct. 19 vs. Toronto and posted a career-best two assists on Oct. 28 at Minnesota. Pirri also has 13 points (4g, 9a) in 16 games with the IceHogs.
The ‘Hawks have just three wins in their last 10 games. They start a six-game road trip Tuesday in Calgary.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)