Jan 27, 2014, 1:12 PM EDT
The struggling Chicago Blackhawks (yeah, sounds weird) have recalled forward Brandon Pirri from AHL Rockford.
Pirri, 22, has recorded 11 points (6g, 5a) in 24 games this season with the Blackhawks. He scored his first career NHL goal on Oct. 17 vs. St. Louis, set a career-high with two points (1g, 1a) on Oct. 19 vs. Toronto and posted a career-best two assists on Oct. 28 at Minnesota. Pirri also has 13 points (4g, 9a) in 16 games with the IceHogs.
The ‘Hawks have just three wins in their last 10 games. They start a six-game road trip Tuesday in Calgary.
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 0
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 0
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 13
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)