Jan 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Stalock back in for San Jose
The Sharks will start backup Alex Stalock for a rivalry game against Los Angeles tonight at the SAP Center.
The start will be Stalock’s third in the last six games, and he’ll look to extended a shutout streak carried over from his previous two games — a 3-0 win over Florida and a 1-0 decision over Winnipeg. All told, Stalock’s shutout streak currently sits at 140:59.
No word yet on who L.A. will start in goal.
Carolina rides Khudobin
Khudobin, one of the NHL’s best bargains this season at $800,000, has won three straight and boasts solid numbers on the year — 10-3-0, .927 save percentage and 2.20 GAA. He’s a big reason why the ‘Canes have been able to stick around in the Metropolitan Division playoff chase.
Tonight, he’ll be going up against fellow Russian netminder Sergei Bobrovsky.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)