Jan 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Stalock back in for San Jose
The Sharks will start backup Alex Stalock for a rivalry game against Los Angeles tonight at the SAP Center.
The start will be Stalock’s third in the last six games, and he’ll look to extended a shutout streak carried over from his previous two games — a 3-0 win over Florida and a 1-0 decision over Winnipeg. All told, Stalock’s shutout streak currently sits at 140:59.
No word yet on who L.A. will start in goal.
Carolina rides Khudobin
Khudobin, one of the NHL’s best bargains this season at $800,000, has won three straight and boasts solid numbers on the year — 10-3-0, .927 save percentage and 2.20 GAA. He’s a big reason why the ‘Canes have been able to stick around in the Metropolitan Division playoff chase.
Tonight, he’ll be going up against fellow Russian netminder Sergei Bobrovsky.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 20
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 51
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)