Jan 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Stalock back in for San Jose
The Sharks will start backup Alex Stalock for a rivalry game against Los Angeles tonight at the SAP Center.
The start will be Stalock’s third in the last six games, and he’ll look to extended a shutout streak carried over from his previous two games — a 3-0 win over Florida and a 1-0 decision over Winnipeg. All told, Stalock’s shutout streak currently sits at 140:59.
No word yet on who L.A. will start in goal.
Carolina rides Khudobin
Khudobin, one of the NHL’s best bargains this season at $800,000, has won three straight and boasts solid numbers on the year — 10-3-0, .927 save percentage and 2.20 GAA. He’s a big reason why the ‘Canes have been able to stick around in the Metropolitan Division playoff chase.
Tonight, he’ll be going up against fellow Russian netminder Sergei Bobrovsky.
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 6
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 48
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 39
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 75
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 13
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (75)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (48)