Jan 27, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
News and notes from around the crease…
Stalock back in for San Jose
The Sharks will start backup Alex Stalock for a rivalry game against Los Angeles tonight at the SAP Center.
The start will be Stalock’s third in the last six games, and he’ll look to extended a shutout streak carried over from his previous two games — a 3-0 win over Florida and a 1-0 decision over Winnipeg. All told, Stalock’s shutout streak currently sits at 140:59.
No word yet on who L.A. will start in goal.
Carolina rides Khudobin
Khudobin, one of the NHL’s best bargains this season at $800,000, has won three straight and boasts solid numbers on the year — 10-3-0, .927 save percentage and 2.20 GAA. He’s a big reason why the ‘Canes have been able to stick around in the Metropolitan Division playoff chase.
Tonight, he’ll be going up against fellow Russian netminder Sergei Bobrovsky.
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 2
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 10
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 30
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)