Jan 27, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Goaltender Jimmy Howard has been activated off of the injured reserve list after missing three consecutive games with a knee injury, according to MLive.com. He was previously sidelined for eight contests in December because of a problem with the same knee.
Petr Mrazek has returned to the AHL, which means Howard is projected to serve as at least Detroit’s backup against the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday.
Howard has a 2.64 GAA and .916 save percentage in 29 starts this season. He’s scheduled to represent Team USA in the upcoming Winter Olympics.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4