Jan 27, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals will be without center Mikhail Grabovski for the second consecutive game on Tuesday night in Buffalo.
Grabovski, who suffered an apparent foot injury on Friday against New Jersey, missed Saturday’s win over Montreal and reportedly won’t travel with the team to take on the Sabres tomorrow. Head coach Adam Oates told the Washington Post that Grabovski’s injury is more serious than first thought.
“It’s one of those injuries that can change fast. It’s tough to put a timetable on it because you don’t put your foot in the boot [of the skate],” Oates said. “I think once it changes it will be fine. He was just working out with weights, he looked pretty good in there. I don’t know how long it will be.”
Grabovski has been a nice addition for Washington this year, currently sitting third on the team with 33 points. He’s averaging over 16 minutes a night and leads the team in faceoff winning percentage (53.8 percent)
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40