Jan 27, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
The Washington Capitals will be without center Mikhail Grabovski for the second consecutive game on Tuesday night in Buffalo.
Grabovski, who suffered an apparent foot injury on Friday against New Jersey, missed Saturday’s win over Montreal and reportedly won’t travel with the team to take on the Sabres tomorrow. Head coach Adam Oates told the Washington Post that Grabovski’s injury is more serious than first thought.
“It’s one of those injuries that can change fast. It’s tough to put a timetable on it because you don’t put your foot in the boot [of the skate],” Oates said. “I think once it changes it will be fine. He was just working out with weights, he looked pretty good in there. I don’t know how long it will be.”
Grabovski has been a nice addition for Washington this year, currently sitting third on the team with 33 points. He’s averaging over 16 minutes a night and leads the team in faceoff winning percentage (53.8 percent)
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 9
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 12
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 38
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8