Jan 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Detroit Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg did not take warm-ups before the start of their game against the Florida Panthers and will not play.
The Red Wings thought they were getting a healthier lineup with Johan Franzen making his return, but instead they’re having to make do without a different key player. Zetterberg missed nearly a month of time during December with a herniated disc.
Detroit is hurting down the middle of the ice. Pavel Datsyuk, Joakim Andersson, Stephen Weiss, and Cory Emmerton are all out with separate injuries. Toss in Zetterberg, who occasionally plays up the middle, and the Wings have some serious problems at the pivot.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 6
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3