Jan 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Detroit Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg did not take warm-ups before the start of their game against the Florida Panthers and will not play.
The Red Wings thought they were getting a healthier lineup with Johan Franzen making his return, but instead they’re having to make do without a different key player. Zetterberg missed nearly a month of time during December with a herniated disc.
Detroit is hurting down the middle of the ice. Pavel Datsyuk, Joakim Andersson, Stephen Weiss, and Cory Emmerton are all out with separate injuries. Toss in Zetterberg, who occasionally plays up the middle, and the Wings have some serious problems at the pivot.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)