Jan 26, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
We already know how tough hockey players can be. In fact, you’re probably tired of hearing about it. That said, watching a guy take a puck in the face and not miss a shift is still pretty impressive.
Such was the case for New Jersey Devils forward Stephen Gionta during the second period of their game against the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium. Gionta was struck in the face by a Mats Zuccarello pass that was deflected by Anton Volchenkov.
Gionta received treatment and an escort back to the bench, but was right back out there when his line was called for their next shift. That’ll do.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)