Jan 26, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
We already know how tough hockey players can be. In fact, you’re probably tired of hearing about it. That said, watching a guy take a puck in the face and not miss a shift is still pretty impressive.
Such was the case for New Jersey Devils forward Stephen Gionta during the second period of their game against the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium. Gionta was struck in the face by a Mats Zuccarello pass that was deflected by Anton Volchenkov.
Gionta received treatment and an escort back to the bench, but was right back out there when his line was called for their next shift. That’ll do.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22