Jan 26, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
We already know how tough hockey players can be. In fact, you’re probably tired of hearing about it. That said, watching a guy take a puck in the face and not miss a shift is still pretty impressive.
Such was the case for New Jersey Devils forward Stephen Gionta during the second period of their game against the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium. Gionta was struck in the face by a Mats Zuccarello pass that was deflected by Anton Volchenkov.
Gionta received treatment and an escort back to the bench, but was right back out there when his line was called for their next shift. That’ll do.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 14
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13