Jan 26, 2014, 11:14 PM EST
Sunday could have provided a nice medium-sized storyline in Devan Dubnyk facing his former team the Edmonton Oilers and his sort-of replacement Ben Scrivens. Instead, the Nashville Predators sent out Carter Hutton, so we’ll just have to settle for Scrivens gaining his first win with Edmonton 5-1.
In his third game with the Oil, the 27-year-old stopped 34 out of 35 shots to get that win. His overall numbers still look great, as he improved his record to 8-7-4 with a .930 save percentage and 2.03 GAA.
“The guys did a good job allowing me to see pucks and clearing rebounds,” Scrivens said.
The Oilers have a quick turnaround with a game against the Canucks in Vancouver on Sunday. Oilers play-by-play man Jack Michaels reports that Ilya Bryzgalov is expected to start tomorrow while Ales Hemsky (ankle) and Andrew Ference (upper body) won’t play.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)