Jan 26, 2014, 12:36 AM EDT
It was a mismatch on paper, as the Pittsburgh Penguins faced off against the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
However, the Penguins couldn’t match the work ethic of the Stars, and, as a result, fell by a score of 3-0. It marks the second time this week the Penguins went into a game against a team well below them in the standings and were the second best team on the ice when the final buzzer sounded (on Monday, Pittsburgh was soundly defeated by the Florida Panthers).
“We got outworked. We didn’t execute on our chances. They carried the play, especially those first two periods.”
For the Penguins, if there is a positive to take from this week, it was their ability to rebound after a subpar performance. The Penguins’ next game is Monday against the Buffalo Sabres.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22