Jan 26, 2014, 12:36 AM EDT
It was a mismatch on paper, as the Pittsburgh Penguins faced off against the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
However, the Penguins couldn’t match the work ethic of the Stars, and, as a result, fell by a score of 3-0. It marks the second time this week the Penguins went into a game against a team well below them in the standings and were the second best team on the ice when the final buzzer sounded (on Monday, Pittsburgh was soundly defeated by the Florida Panthers).
“We got outworked. We didn’t execute on our chances. They carried the play, especially those first two periods.”
For the Penguins, if there is a positive to take from this week, it was their ability to rebound after a subpar performance. The Penguins’ next game is Monday against the Buffalo Sabres.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5