Jan 26, 2014, 12:36 AM EDT
It was a mismatch on paper, as the Pittsburgh Penguins faced off against the Dallas Stars on Saturday.
However, the Penguins couldn’t match the work ethic of the Stars, and, as a result, fell by a score of 3-0. It marks the second time this week the Penguins went into a game against a team well below them in the standings and were the second best team on the ice when the final buzzer sounded (on Monday, Pittsburgh was soundly defeated by the Florida Panthers).
“We got outworked. We didn’t execute on our chances. They carried the play, especially those first two periods.”
For the Penguins, if there is a positive to take from this week, it was their ability to rebound after a subpar performance. The Penguins’ next game is Monday against the Buffalo Sabres.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53