Jan 26, 2014, 2:35 AM EDT
Under the lights of Dodger Stadium, the Anaheim Ducks and L.A. Kings staged hockey’s largest spectacle in Southern California.
The Ducks defeated the Kings 3-0, and maintained their hold on the Pacific Division by nine points over the San Jose Sharks, who managed to keep pace with an overtime win over the Minnesota Wild. But what transpired between the Ducks and Kings was more than just another game.
“Yeah, it was a really special experience. I think I had more time to enjoy it last night. Once you’re in the game, you’re more focused on the game,” said Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller afterward.
“But, yeah, sure, after intermissions and key breaks, you are able to get the whole picture, and it was pretty unbelievable. It was just, for sure an unbelievable experience.”
Added Ducks’ head coach Bruce Boudreau: “I mean, I’ll remember the atmosphere, you know, 54,000 people, and where we were … and when people say Californians are laid back, I thought they were pretty into it tonight.”
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)