Jan 26, 2014, 2:35 AM EST
Under the lights of Dodger Stadium, the Anaheim Ducks and L.A. Kings staged hockey’s largest spectacle in Southern California.
The Ducks defeated the Kings 3-0, and maintained their hold on the Pacific Division by nine points over the San Jose Sharks, who managed to keep pace with an overtime win over the Minnesota Wild. But what transpired between the Ducks and Kings was more than just another game.
“Yeah, it was a really special experience. I think I had more time to enjoy it last night. Once you’re in the game, you’re more focused on the game,” said Ducks’ goalie Jonas Hiller afterward.
“But, yeah, sure, after intermissions and key breaks, you are able to get the whole picture, and it was pretty unbelievable. It was just, for sure an unbelievable experience.”
Added Ducks’ head coach Bruce Boudreau: “I mean, I’ll remember the atmosphere, you know, 54,000 people, and where we were … and when people say Californians are laid back, I thought they were pretty into it tonight.”
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (120)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)