Jan 26, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
NBCSN continues its coverage of the 2013-14 campaign tonight when the New Jersey Devils face the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium at 12:30 p.m. ET. In addition to NBCSN, you can also watch the game online.
The New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers have had some classic battles against each other over the years, forging their rivalry over the years. But the backdrop on Sunday will be Yankee Stadium.
It’s a special place, that’s for sure. It’s just hit me when we got in the dressing room – [there are] a lot of great dressing rooms, but I’ve never seen anything like that,” Devils’ veteran forward Jaromir Jagr told reporters.
“But it’s a very special place, just to play here. And I’m from Czech,so baseball is not very popular. And I can imagine for some guys who love baseball, [what it’s like] just to be here.”
Only adding to this game is what it means in the standings. With a regulation win, the Devils could move into a tie with the Rangers in points with 57, as the fight for second place in the crowded Metropolitan Division continues. On the other hand, the surging Rangers could put a very small distance – three points over the next trailing team – between them and the six teams currently below them in that division.
The Devils so far have owned the rivalry this season, winning the first three games against the Rangers.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)