Jan 26, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
NBCSN continues its coverage of the 2013-14 campaign tonight when the New Jersey Devils face the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium at 12:30 p.m. ET. In addition to NBCSN, you can also watch the game online.
The New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers have had some classic battles against each other over the years, forging their rivalry over the years. But the backdrop on Sunday will be Yankee Stadium.
It’s a special place, that’s for sure. It’s just hit me when we got in the dressing room – [there are] a lot of great dressing rooms, but I’ve never seen anything like that,” Devils’ veteran forward Jaromir Jagr told reporters.
“But it’s a very special place, just to play here. And I’m from Czech,so baseball is not very popular. And I can imagine for some guys who love baseball, [what it’s like] just to be here.”
Only adding to this game is what it means in the standings. With a regulation win, the Devils could move into a tie with the Rangers in points with 57, as the fight for second place in the crowded Metropolitan Division continues. On the other hand, the surging Rangers could put a very small distance – three points over the next trailing team – between them and the six teams currently below them in that division.
The Devils so far have owned the rivalry this season, winning the first three games against the Rangers.
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20