Jan 26, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
NBCSN continues its coverage of the 2013-14 campaign tonight when the New Jersey Devils face the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium at 12:30 p.m. ET. In addition to NBCSN, you can also watch the game online.
The New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers have had some classic battles against each other over the years, forging their rivalry over the years. But the backdrop on Sunday will be Yankee Stadium.
It’s a special place, that’s for sure. It’s just hit me when we got in the dressing room – [there are] a lot of great dressing rooms, but I’ve never seen anything like that,” Devils’ veteran forward Jaromir Jagr told reporters.
“But it’s a very special place, just to play here. And I’m from Czech,so baseball is not very popular. And I can imagine for some guys who love baseball, [what it’s like] just to be here.”
Only adding to this game is what it means in the standings. With a regulation win, the Devils could move into a tie with the Rangers in points with 57, as the fight for second place in the crowded Metropolitan Division continues. On the other hand, the surging Rangers could put a very small distance – three points over the next trailing team – between them and the six teams currently below them in that division.
The Devils so far have owned the rivalry this season, winning the first three games against the Rangers.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)