Jan 26, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
NBCSN continues its coverage of the 2013-14 campaign tonight when the New Jersey Devils face the New York Rangers at Yankee Stadium at 12:30 p.m. ET. In addition to NBCSN, you can also watch the game online.
The New Jersey Devils and New York Rangers have had some classic battles against each other over the years, forging their rivalry over the years. But the backdrop on Sunday will be Yankee Stadium.
It’s a special place, that’s for sure. It’s just hit me when we got in the dressing room – [there are] a lot of great dressing rooms, but I’ve never seen anything like that,” Devils’ veteran forward Jaromir Jagr told reporters.
“But it’s a very special place, just to play here. And I’m from Czech,so baseball is not very popular. And I can imagine for some guys who love baseball, [what it’s like] just to be here.”
Only adding to this game is what it means in the standings. With a regulation win, the Devils could move into a tie with the Rangers in points with 57, as the fight for second place in the crowded Metropolitan Division continues. On the other hand, the surging Rangers could put a very small distance – three points over the next trailing team – between them and the six teams currently below them in that division.
The Devils so far have owned the rivalry this season, winning the first three games against the Rangers.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)