Jan 26, 2014, 11:26 AM EST
Dustin Byfuglien was the Winnipeg Jets’ hero last night scoring the overtime game-winner.
“So you get the benefit of the forward and a guy who has played a lot of time on defense,” Maurice said. “It’s a huge, huge luxury for us. It makes my (defensive) pairs right coming off the bench, and up front you get all your best offensive players on the ice that way. It really helps us running the bench.”
Byfuglien has always been an offensive dynamo on the blue line and we’ve seen his skills at forward while with the Chicago Blackhawks. If Maurice has faith in him in this re-transition to being a forward, it could bring a new dimension to the Jets attack.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8