Jan 26, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien was the Winnipeg Jets’ hero last night scoring the overtime game-winner.
“So you get the benefit of the forward and a guy who has played a lot of time on defense,” Maurice said. “It’s a huge, huge luxury for us. It makes my (defensive) pairs right coming off the bench, and up front you get all your best offensive players on the ice that way. It really helps us running the bench.”
Byfuglien has always been an offensive dynamo on the blue line and we’ve seen his skills at forward while with the Chicago Blackhawks. If Maurice has faith in him in this re-transition to being a forward, it could bring a new dimension to the Jets attack.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 10
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 36
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12