Jan 26, 2014, 11:26 AM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien was the Winnipeg Jets’ hero last night scoring the overtime game-winner.
“So you get the benefit of the forward and a guy who has played a lot of time on defense,” Maurice said. “It’s a huge, huge luxury for us. It makes my (defensive) pairs right coming off the bench, and up front you get all your best offensive players on the ice that way. It really helps us running the bench.”
Byfuglien has always been an offensive dynamo on the blue line and we’ve seen his skills at forward while with the Chicago Blackhawks. If Maurice has faith in him in this re-transition to being a forward, it could bring a new dimension to the Jets attack.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35