Jan 26, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Henrik Sedin and his aching ribs won’t be on the ice tonight for the Vancouver Canucks as they take on the Phoenix Coyotes.
Canucks coach Mike Sullivan said Sedin will miss his third straight game with the injury, but all is not lost.
“He’s still day-to-day, he’s not going to play [Sunday] but he’s making progress.”
Sedin was injured originally on January 16 against the Coyotes after taking a cross-check from forward Martin Hanzal. He did play the following game against Calgary, but only managed to play just over 12 minutes.
Then again, maybe it’s for the best he’s going to miss out playing tonight considering there could be shenanigans afoot.
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 0
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 3
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)