Jan 26, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Henrik Sedin and his aching ribs won’t be on the ice tonight for the Vancouver Canucks as they take on the Phoenix Coyotes.
Canucks coach Mike Sullivan said Sedin will miss his third straight game with the injury, but all is not lost.
“He’s still day-to-day, he’s not going to play [Sunday] but he’s making progress.”
Sedin was injured originally on January 16 against the Coyotes after taking a cross-check from forward Martin Hanzal. He did play the following game against Calgary, but only managed to play just over 12 minutes.
Then again, maybe it’s for the best he’s going to miss out playing tonight considering there could be shenanigans afoot.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)