Jan 26, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Henrik Sedin and his aching ribs won’t be on the ice tonight for the Vancouver Canucks as they take on the Phoenix Coyotes.
Canucks coach Mike Sullivan said Sedin will miss his third straight game with the injury, but all is not lost.
“He’s still day-to-day, he’s not going to play [Sunday] but he’s making progress.”
Sedin was injured originally on January 16 against the Coyotes after taking a cross-check from forward Martin Hanzal. He did play the following game against Calgary, but only managed to play just over 12 minutes.
Then again, maybe it’s for the best he’s going to miss out playing tonight considering there could be shenanigans afoot.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40