Jan 26, 2014, 10:13 AM EDT
Henrik Sedin and his aching ribs won’t be on the ice tonight for the Vancouver Canucks as they take on the Phoenix Coyotes.
Canucks coach Mike Sullivan said Sedin will miss his third straight game with the injury, but all is not lost.
“He’s still day-to-day, he’s not going to play [Sunday] but he’s making progress.”
Sedin was injured originally on January 16 against the Coyotes after taking a cross-check from forward Martin Hanzal. He did play the following game against Calgary, but only managed to play just over 12 minutes.
Then again, maybe it’s for the best he’s going to miss out playing tonight considering there could be shenanigans afoot.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)