Jan 26, 2014, 10:13 AM EST
Henrik Sedin and his aching ribs won’t be on the ice tonight for the Vancouver Canucks as they take on the Phoenix Coyotes.
Canucks coach Mike Sullivan said Sedin will miss his third straight game with the injury, but all is not lost.
“He’s still day-to-day, he’s not going to play [Sunday] but he’s making progress.”
Sedin was injured originally on January 16 against the Coyotes after taking a cross-check from forward Martin Hanzal. He did play the following game against Calgary, but only managed to play just over 12 minutes.
Then again, maybe it’s for the best he’s going to miss out playing tonight considering there could be shenanigans afoot.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 5
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 27
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 23
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 29
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 11
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)