Jan 26, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
Flyers goalie Steve Mason has had a bit of a rough time of late. Philly has lost seven of their past nine games and in a dogged race in the Metropolitan Division that means trouble.
Mason’s struggles continued on Saturday against the Boston Bruins as he gave up four goals on 19 shots before being replaced by Ray Emery.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com hears from the struggling Flyers goalie about how he wants to get back to his early-season winning ways.
“I’m disappointed in not being able to play well enough to get the wins now,” Mason said. “I’d like to improve everything. When you are not having success, it’s easy to overthink things. I try not to do that and stay calm and make sure when we have the opportunity to practice, I try to get better. Unfortunately, we haven’t had a lot of that [practice] time. You get out there and make sure come next game you are ready to go.”
Mason has seen his goals-against average go from 2.14 to 2.64 since the start of December. Seeing that stat balloon by half a goal in two months of work is startling.
If there’s a silver lining here it’s that Mason has shown how good he can be, it’s just a matter of being consistent.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)