Jan 26, 2014, 2:46 PM EST
Flyers goalie Steve Mason has had a bit of a rough time of late. Philly has lost seven of their past nine games and in a dogged race in the Metropolitan Division that means trouble.
Mason’s struggles continued on Saturday against the Boston Bruins as he gave up four goals on 19 shots before being replaced by Ray Emery.
Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly.com hears from the struggling Flyers goalie about how he wants to get back to his early-season winning ways.
“I’m disappointed in not being able to play well enough to get the wins now,” Mason said. “I’d like to improve everything. When you are not having success, it’s easy to overthink things. I try not to do that and stay calm and make sure when we have the opportunity to practice, I try to get better. Unfortunately, we haven’t had a lot of that [practice] time. You get out there and make sure come next game you are ready to go.”
Mason has seen his goals-against average go from 2.14 to 2.64 since the start of December. Seeing that stat balloon by half a goal in two months of work is startling.
If there’s a silver lining here it’s that Mason has shown how good he can be, it’s just a matter of being consistent.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 4
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 6
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 71
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (71)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)