Jan 26, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
The Rangers rattled off six consecutive goals after getting down 3-1 in the first period to go on and beat the Devils 7-3. Mats Zuccarello had two goals and Dominic Moore and Marc Staal each had a goal and an assist to lead the way.
Henrik Lundqvist started off a little shaky but held strong and stopped 19 shots. On the other side, Martin Brodeur was yanked after two periods giving up six goals in 21 shots. Cory Schneider allowed a penalty shot goal to Derek Stepan for the only blemish on his record.
A few things to discuss in the comments:
— It wasn’t a controversial choice to start Brodeur over Schneider in this game. For as well as Schneider has been playing this season, today’s result won’t do much to make Brodeur fans’ case for him to start more often.
— Rick Nash had a goal and it was his 11th goal in the past 11 games. He’s been playing great since being named to Team Canada.
— Jagr passed former teammate Mario Lemieux on the NHL’s all-time assist list with his assist on Elias’ second goal. He has 1,035 helpers in his career and sits 10th in league history. He’s five assists behind Marcel Dionne in ninth and 14 behind Gordie Howe in eighth.
— We all like penalty shot goals, right? Here’s Stepan in the third period against Schneider:
— The Rangers hold on to second place in the Metropolitan Division with the win and keep the Devils off their heels for another day.
— The seven goals allowed were a season-high for the Devils. It’s the second time this season the Rangers have scored seven (Jan. 4 at Toronto).
Jul 4, 2015, 12:48 PM EDT
Washington’s AHL tandem has more NHL playing experience than Holtby and Grubauer.
Jul 4, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
He usually gets at least one stint in the NHL per season.
Jul 4, 2015, 10:18 AM EDT
The two sides reportedly aren’t close to an agreement.
Jul 4, 2015, 9:09 AM EDT
What role he has could depend on the Kings and league’s decision regarding Slava Voynov.
Jul 3, 2015, 11:00 PM EDT
Scored 13 goals in 54 games last season.
Jul 3, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
He was sentenced in September, 2013.
Jul 3, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Spent the last three seasons in the KHL.
Jul 3, 2015, 7:44 PM EDT
Buffalo also signed Cal O’Reilly, who played last season with the AHL Utica Comets.
Jul 3, 2015, 6:43 PM EDT
He signed a six-year, $36 million deal with Columbus.
Jul 3, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
“Joel is a quality veteran player who can score but also plays an extremely hard-nosed brand of hockey.”
Jul 3, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Could make things interesting next season.
Jul 3, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Brings a wealth of success, experience at AHL, collegiate levels.
Jul 3, 2015, 3:12 PM EDT
$52.5 million extension.
Jul 3, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
“This long-term commitment that assures he will be an important part of our team for years to come.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
“They gotta come in and knock somebody out of the box.”
Jul 3, 2015, 2:12 PM EDT
A one-year, two-way deal for the ex-Islander.
Jul 3, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Charlie Huddy, Pascal Vincent and Wade Flaherty all inked three-year extensions.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:46 PM EDT
Expected to battle Brian Elliott for the starting role in St. Louis.
Jul 3, 2015, 12:23 PM EDT
“It’s an exciting time to be a part of this organization.”
Jul 3, 2015, 11:44 AM EDT
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)