Jan 26, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
The Rangers rattled off six consecutive goals after getting down 3-1 in the first period to go on and beat the Devils 7-3. Mats Zuccarello had two goals and Dominic Moore and Marc Staal each had a goal and an assist to lead the way.
Henrik Lundqvist started off a little shaky but held strong and stopped 19 shots. On the other side, Martin Brodeur was yanked after two periods giving up six goals in 21 shots. Cory Schneider allowed a penalty shot goal to Derek Stepan for the only blemish on his record.
A few things to discuss in the comments:
— It wasn’t a controversial choice to start Brodeur over Schneider in this game. For as well as Schneider has been playing this season, today’s result won’t do much to make Brodeur fans’ case for him to start more often.
— Rick Nash had a goal and it was his 11th goal in the past 11 games. He’s been playing great since being named to Team Canada.
— Jagr passed former teammate Mario Lemieux on the NHL’s all-time assist list with his assist on Elias’ second goal. He has 1,035 helpers in his career and sits 10th in league history. He’s five assists behind Marcel Dionne in ninth and 14 behind Gordie Howe in eighth.
— We all like penalty shot goals, right? Here’s Stepan in the third period against Schneider:
— The Rangers hold on to second place in the Metropolitan Division with the win and keep the Devils off their heels for another day.
— The seven goals allowed were a season-high for the Devils. It’s the second time this season the Rangers have scored seven (Jan. 4 at Toronto).
Apr 19, 2015, 2:51 AM EDT
It will be interesting to see what happens as this series heads to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 1:40 AM EDT
Series shifts back to Winnipeg.
Apr 19, 2015, 12:41 AM EDT
Had a dominant performance in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:56 PM EDT
Anaheim’s veteran forward received a minor penalty on the play.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:13 PM EDT
“I think I bring a really good winning attitude and I have a lot to offer offensively.”
Apr 18, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby scored twice and that helps.
Apr 18, 2015, 10:20 PM EDT
Had one goal in 19 playoff games prior to Saturday.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
These teams combined for eight shots in the opening period.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:08 PM EDT
Craig MacTavish has some decisions to make, now that he’s won the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
St. Louis with the win.
Apr 18, 2015, 8:26 PM EDT
Edmonton wins the Connor McDavid sweeps.
Apr 18, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Can the Penguins and Jets even things up?
Apr 18, 2015, 7:01 PM EDT
Not wasting any time.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
This series is all tied up at 1-1.
Apr 18, 2015, 6:06 PM EDT
Mrazek pulled after two periods.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:44 PM EDT
Deryk Engelland’s game misconduct for instigating was rescinded.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Enter Jimmy Howard.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
He has his first two of these playoffs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Pullar Stadium and War Memorial Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Decatur and St. Michael-Albertville.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)