Jan 26, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It was just over a week ago when Phoenix Coyotes forward Martin Hanzal tore through the Vancouver Canucks.
“We’ll see what happens tomorrow but I think he’s going to have to answer the bell,” said Weise. “Obviously he took a pretty good stab at Hankie, a pretty good stab at Boothie and then Santorelli off the draw. It was tough for us (to immediately react). We saw what he was doing but it’s a tight game and you can’t really go out and get a penalty trying to jump a guy, or trying to engage a guy, and then they score and make it 2-0. So you have to be smart about the way you do it.”
The Canucks are obviously no strangers to the rough stuff lately, whether they want to be part of it or not, and the fact that Henrik Sedin hasn’t been right since that game hasn’t gone unnoticed. Vancouver has enough tough guys in their lineup to make the game worth keeping an eye on.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17