Jan 25, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
Samuelsson’s season has been a rough one, playing in 26 games with one goal and two assists. He’s been a healthy scratch often this season and has lost his spot in the lineup to the younger players like Tomas Tatar, Tomas Jurco, and Gustav Nyquist.
O’Brien landing on waivers also doesn’t come as much of a surprise, although he’s had more game time this season. In 45 games, he has three assists and 58 penalty minutes. Kris Russell‘s return to the Flames lineup forced O’Brien to the press box. He has averaged 11:16 of ice time this season as a third-pair blue liner.
Both players have until noon tomorrow to be claimed. If they go unclaimed, they’re likely destined for the AHL.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)