Jan 25, 2014, 3:24 PM EDT
Samuelsson’s season has been a rough one, playing in 26 games with one goal and two assists. He’s been a healthy scratch often this season and has lost his spot in the lineup to the younger players like Tomas Tatar, Tomas Jurco, and Gustav Nyquist.
O’Brien landing on waivers also doesn’t come as much of a surprise, although he’s had more game time this season. In 45 games, he has three assists and 58 penalty minutes. Kris Russell‘s return to the Flames lineup forced O’Brien to the press box. He has averaged 11:16 of ice time this season as a third-pair blue liner.
Both players have until noon tomorrow to be claimed. If they go unclaimed, they’re likely destined for the AHL.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)