Jan 25, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
Samuelsson’s season has been a rough one, playing in 26 games with one goal and two assists. He’s been a healthy scratch often this season and has lost his spot in the lineup to the younger players like Tomas Tatar, Tomas Jurco, and Gustav Nyquist.
O’Brien landing on waivers also doesn’t come as much of a surprise, although he’s had more game time this season. In 45 games, he has three assists and 58 penalty minutes. Kris Russell‘s return to the Flames lineup forced O’Brien to the press box. He has averaged 11:16 of ice time this season as a third-pair blue liner.
Both players have until noon tomorrow to be claimed. If they go unclaimed, they’re likely destined for the AHL.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 53
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)