Jan 25, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals have clearly missed Alex Ovechkin. And Ovechkin, well, he clearly missed scoring goals.
After missing the previous two games with a groin injury, Ovechkin, the Capitals star, returned to the lineup against the struggling Montreal Canadiens on Saturday. And, as he often does, Ovechkin scored another beautiful goal – his 36th of the season – to get his team on the board.
Ovechkin juggled a bouncing puck with his stick at the side of the net, then went top corner from a difficult angle in close on Carey Price. The Capitals went on to build a 4-0 lead after the second period, which resulted in Price getting the hook from the net.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)