Jan 25, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals have clearly missed Alex Ovechkin. And Ovechkin, well, he clearly missed scoring goals.
After missing the previous two games with a groin injury, Ovechkin, the Capitals star, returned to the lineup against the struggling Montreal Canadiens on Saturday. And, as he often does, Ovechkin scored another beautiful goal – his 36th of the season – to get his team on the board.
Ovechkin juggled a bouncing puck with his stick at the side of the net, then went top corner from a difficult angle in close on Carey Price. The Capitals went on to build a 4-0 lead after the second period, which resulted in Price getting the hook from the net.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)