Jan 25, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals have clearly missed Alex Ovechkin. And Ovechkin, well, he clearly missed scoring goals.
After missing the previous two games with a groin injury, Ovechkin, the Capitals star, returned to the lineup against the struggling Montreal Canadiens on Saturday. And, as he often does, Ovechkin scored another beautiful goal – his 36th of the season – to get his team on the board.
Ovechkin juggled a bouncing puck with his stick at the side of the net, then went top corner from a difficult angle in close on Carey Price. The Capitals went on to build a 4-0 lead after the second period, which resulted in Price getting the hook from the net.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (45)