Jan 25, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals have clearly missed Alex Ovechkin. And Ovechkin, well, he clearly missed scoring goals.
After missing the previous two games with a groin injury, Ovechkin, the Capitals star, returned to the lineup against the struggling Montreal Canadiens on Saturday. And, as he often does, Ovechkin scored another beautiful goal – his 36th of the season – to get his team on the board.
Ovechkin juggled a bouncing puck with his stick at the side of the net, then went top corner from a difficult angle in close on Carey Price. The Capitals went on to build a 4-0 lead after the second period, which resulted in Price getting the hook from the net.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 2
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 30
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 24
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 15
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 52
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 28
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)