Jan 25, 2014, 9:02 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals have clearly missed Alex Ovechkin. And Ovechkin, well, he clearly missed scoring goals.
After missing the previous two games with a groin injury, Ovechkin, the Capitals star, returned to the lineup against the struggling Montreal Canadiens on Saturday. And, as he often does, Ovechkin scored another beautiful goal – his 36th of the season – to get his team on the board.
Ovechkin juggled a bouncing puck with his stick at the side of the net, then went top corner from a difficult angle in close on Carey Price. The Capitals went on to build a 4-0 lead after the second period, which resulted in Price getting the hook from the net.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5