Jan 25, 2014, 1:15 AM EDT
There was a goalie fight Friday night.
Jeff Deslauriers of the American Hockey League’s Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and John Gibson of the Norfolk Admirals came together at center ice during a stoppage in play, dropping the gloves and blockers in a quick scrap. Not sure exactly why this started, although Gibson, as he was skating back to his net from the bench, skated right into Deslauriers, who wasted no time in getting the fight started.
According to the official game report on the AHL website, Deslauriers received two roughing minors, a fighting major and a game misconduct. Gibson was assessed only a pair of roughing minors.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 105
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (106)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)