Jan 25, 2014, 1:15 AM EST
There was a goalie fight Friday night.
Jeff Deslauriers of the American Hockey League’s Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and John Gibson of the Norfolk Admirals came together at center ice during a stoppage in play, dropping the gloves and blockers in a quick scrap. Not sure exactly why this started, although Gibson, as he was skating back to his net from the bench, skated right into Deslauriers, who wasted no time in getting the fight started.
According to the official game report on the AHL website, Deslauriers received two roughing minors, a fighting major and a game misconduct. Gibson was assessed only a pair of roughing minors.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35