Jan 25, 2014, 1:15 AM EST
There was a goalie fight Friday night.
Jeff Deslauriers of the American Hockey League’s Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and John Gibson of the Norfolk Admirals came together at center ice during a stoppage in play, dropping the gloves and blockers in a quick scrap. Not sure exactly why this started, although Gibson, as he was skating back to his net from the bench, skated right into Deslauriers, who wasted no time in getting the fight started.
According to the official game report on the AHL website, Deslauriers received two roughing minors, a fighting major and a game misconduct. Gibson was assessed only a pair of roughing minors.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)