Jan 25, 2014, 2:08 PM EST
A handful of callups and send-downs this afternoon…
Columbus recalls Goloubef
The Blue Jackets called up defenseman Cody Goloubef from the AHL under emergency conditions. Goloubef has six goals and 20 points for the Springfield Falcons this season.
Stars send down Jeffrey
Dustin Jeffrey‘s week got a bit tougher after the Stars sent him to AHL Texas. Jeffery was placed on waivers earlier this week and went unclaimed. Now he’ll look to find his game in Austin with the Texas Stars.
Devils demote Whitney
Here’s to hoping Joe Whitney enjoyed his NHL debut with the Devils. The team announced they’ve sent Whitney down to AHL Albany today. Whitney, 25, got his start on a line with Travis Zajac and Jaromir Jagr and finished the game with no points and 8:00 of ice time.
Capitals recall Wellman, send down Schmidt
The Capitals recalled center Casey Wellman from Hershey and sent defenseman Nate Schmidt down to make room for him. Wellman has some NHL experience already and could be getting the call because of the injury to Mikhail Grabovski against Montreal last night. A rough situation just gets more difficult in D.C. if Grabovski is hurt long-term.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)