Jan 25, 2014, 2:08 PM EDT
A handful of callups and send-downs this afternoon…
Columbus recalls Goloubef
The Blue Jackets called up defenseman Cody Goloubef from the AHL under emergency conditions. Goloubef has six goals and 20 points for the Springfield Falcons this season.
Stars send down Jeffrey
Dustin Jeffrey‘s week got a bit tougher after the Stars sent him to AHL Texas. Jeffery was placed on waivers earlier this week and went unclaimed. Now he’ll look to find his game in Austin with the Texas Stars.
Devils demote Whitney
Here’s to hoping Joe Whitney enjoyed his NHL debut with the Devils. The team announced they’ve sent Whitney down to AHL Albany today. Whitney, 25, got his start on a line with Travis Zajac and Jaromir Jagr and finished the game with no points and 8:00 of ice time.
Capitals recall Wellman, send down Schmidt
The Capitals recalled center Casey Wellman from Hershey and sent defenseman Nate Schmidt down to make room for him. Wellman has some NHL experience already and could be getting the call because of the injury to Mikhail Grabovski against Montreal last night. A rough situation just gets more difficult in D.C. if Grabovski is hurt long-term.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10