Jan 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
After a two-game absence due to a groin injury, Alex Ovechkin returns to the Washington Capitals’ lineup tonight against the Montreal Canadiens. That’s according to the Washington Post just a few minutes ago.
Ovechkin leads the league in goals by a large margin with 35. The next closest to him is Joe Pavelski of the San Jose Sharks with 28.
Goals have been scarce of late for the struggling Capitals, who are looking to end a seven-game losing streak. During this skid, the Capitals have scored only eight goals.
Mikhail Grabovski will not play for Washington tonight, according to the Washington Post.
He suffered what appeared to be a leg injury after an awkward fall in Friday’s loss to the New Jersey Devils. He left Friday’s game as a result of the injury and did not return.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 12
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 8
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 31
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 110
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37