Jan 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
After a two-game absence due to a groin injury, Alex Ovechkin returns to the Washington Capitals’ lineup tonight against the Montreal Canadiens. That’s according to the Washington Post just a few minutes ago.
Ovechkin leads the league in goals by a large margin with 35. The next closest to him is Joe Pavelski of the San Jose Sharks with 28.
Goals have been scarce of late for the struggling Capitals, who are looking to end a seven-game losing streak. During this skid, the Capitals have scored only eight goals.
Mikhail Grabovski will not play for Washington tonight, according to the Washington Post.
He suffered what appeared to be a leg injury after an awkward fall in Friday’s loss to the New Jersey Devils. He left Friday’s game as a result of the injury and did not return.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 1
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 21
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 8
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)