Jan 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
After a two-game absence due to a groin injury, Alex Ovechkin returns to the Washington Capitals’ lineup tonight against the Montreal Canadiens. That’s according to the Washington Post just a few minutes ago.
Ovechkin leads the league in goals by a large margin with 35. The next closest to him is Joe Pavelski of the San Jose Sharks with 28.
Goals have been scarce of late for the struggling Capitals, who are looking to end a seven-game losing streak. During this skid, the Capitals have scored only eight goals.
Mikhail Grabovski will not play for Washington tonight, according to the Washington Post.
He suffered what appeared to be a leg injury after an awkward fall in Friday’s loss to the New Jersey Devils. He left Friday’s game as a result of the injury and did not return.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 17
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 55
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)