Jan 25, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
Eric Nystrom did all he could do for the Nashville Predators.
But even his four-goal performance wasn’t enough, as the Predators coughed up a two-goal lead in the third period and lost to the Calgary Flames 5-4 in the shootout. The video below is a clip of Nystrom’s fourth goal of the evening, which gave Nashville a two-goal cushion just past the midway point of the third.
If Nystrom scores five, does the Safeway Score and Win contestant get $1 million?—
Randy Sportak (@SUNRandySportak) January 25, 2014
Interesting thing about this tweet: It was posted before Nystrom was credited with his third goal, which came early in the second period.
As per Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun, it’s only the second time the Flames have won a game this season when trailing after two periods.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8