Jan 25, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
Eric Nystrom did all he could do for the Nashville Predators.
But even his four-goal performance wasn’t enough, as the Predators coughed up a two-goal lead in the third period and lost to the Calgary Flames 5-4 in the shootout. The video below is a clip of Nystrom’s fourth goal of the evening, which gave Nashville a two-goal cushion just past the midway point of the third.
Interesting thing about this tweet: It was posted before Nystrom was credited with his third goal, which came early in the second period.
As per Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun, it’s only the second time the Flames have won a game this season when trailing after two periods.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)