Jan 25, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
Eric Nystrom did all he could do for the Nashville Predators.
But even his four-goal performance wasn’t enough, as the Predators coughed up a two-goal lead in the third period and lost to the Calgary Flames 5-4 in the shootout. The video below is a clip of Nystrom’s fourth goal of the evening, which gave Nashville a two-goal cushion just past the midway point of the third.
Interesting thing about this tweet: It was posted before Nystrom was credited with his third goal, which came early in the second period.
As per Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun, it’s only the second time the Flames have won a game this season when trailing after two periods.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (81)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)