Jan 25, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
Eric Nystrom did all he could do for the Nashville Predators.
But even his four-goal performance wasn’t enough, as the Predators coughed up a two-goal lead in the third period and lost to the Calgary Flames 5-4 in the shootout. The video below is a clip of Nystrom’s fourth goal of the evening, which gave Nashville a two-goal cushion just past the midway point of the third.
Interesting thing about this tweet: It was posted before Nystrom was credited with his third goal, which came early in the second period.
As per Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun, it’s only the second time the Flames have won a game this season when trailing after two periods.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)