Jan 25, 2014, 12:11 AM EDT
Eric Nystrom did all he could do for the Nashville Predators.
But even his four-goal performance wasn’t enough, as the Predators coughed up a two-goal lead in the third period and lost to the Calgary Flames 5-4 in the shootout. The video below is a clip of Nystrom’s fourth goal of the evening, which gave Nashville a two-goal cushion just past the midway point of the third.
Interesting thing about this tweet: It was posted before Nystrom was credited with his third goal, which came early in the second period.
As per Randy Sportak of the Calgary Sun, it’s only the second time the Flames have won a game this season when trailing after two periods.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)