Jan 25, 2014, 6:32 PM EDT
The Detroit Red Wings are expecting to get Johan Franzen back in the lineup Sunday, according to Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press, as they close out a five-game home stand against the Florida Panthers.
The veteran forward hasn’t played since Dec. 15 due to a concussion suffered on what Franzen thought was a relatively harmless hit from Tampa Bay defenseman Radko Gudas. However, the symptoms, particularly headaches, for a time just wouldn’t let up.
“I thought I was going to be out five days because it wasn’t much of a hit and that’s usually how long it takes before you get rid of the headache,” Franzen said, as per MLive.com.
“It just wouldn’t go away. Just cross my fingers now and hopefully it’s going to stay away.”
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 17
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 61
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 8
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 31
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 60
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 21
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)